2010 has been another productive year for the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) test guidelines programme, with multiple EU-pioneered and ECVAM-endorsed 3Rs methods achieving formal international acceptance as OECD guidelines and guidance documents. These include:
- TG429 (revised) – Local Lymph Node Assay (including the limit dose ‘rLLNA’ protocol)
- TG439 (new) – In Vitro Skin Irritation: Reconstructed Human Epidermis Test Method
- TG442A/B (new) – Local Lymph Node Assay DA and BrdU-ELISA Methods
- TG487 (new) – In Vitro Mammalian Cell Micronucleus Test
- GD126 (new) – Guidance on the Threshold Approach for Acute Fish Toxicity
OECD test guidelines and guidance documents are available here.