The EU-sponsored coordination project AXLR8 announces the availability of the publication Alternative Testing Strategies: Progress Report 2010.
The 2010 progress report includes:
- An introduction to the AXLR8 project
- An update on the activities and achievements of 3Rs-oriented research funded under the Health theme of the European Union’s 6th and 7th Research Framework Programmes during the year 2009.
- Contributions from EU member state 3Rs centres and from international colleagues who participated in the 2010 AXLR8 Scientific Workshop and public Info Forum.
- Observations by the independent AXLR8 Scientific Panel on the status of EU and international 3Rs research and development activities.
- Suggestions for near-term research priorities to advance the science of toxicity testing, as well as EU legislative mandates in relation to the 3Rs.
Given the substantial and increasing global investment in research aimed at developing new safety assessment methods and implementing the 3Rs in toxicology, there is a recognised need for better information exchange and transparency in this research area. AXLR8 provides the tools for effective real-time dialogue, information exchange, problem solving, and international cooperation.
The 2010 Progress Report may be downloaded electronically from AXLR8.eu/publications. In addition, a limited number of hard copies are available upon request from the AXLR8 secretariat.