The EU FP7-funded co-ordination project AXLR8 has announced the availability of the publication Alternative Testing Strategies: Progress Report 2011 & AXLR8-2 Workshop Report on ‘A Roadmap to Innovative Toxicity Testing’. The 2011 report includes:
- An introduction to the AXLR8 project
- An update on the activities and achievements of 3Rs-oriented projects funded under the health and environment themes of the 6th and 7th EU Research Framework Programmes during the year 2010
- The AXLR8-2 workshop report, including contributions from workshop presenters and reports from break-out groups
- AXLR8 Scientific Panel recommendations for future research and innovation funding
- A directory of key projects and coordinators.
Given the substantial and increasing global investment in research aimed at developing new safety assessment methods and implementing the 3Rs in toxicology, there is a recognised need for better information exchange and transparency in this research area. AXLR8 provides the tools for effective real-time dialogue, information exchange, problem solving, and international cooperation.